Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Figure skaterrss?if u have a pivate coach i need to ask u something?

ok how much do u think is a good price for a 30 minute private lesson with a very experienced coac(30 years of teaching).


Andd is 44 too much for 30 minutes?Figure skaterrss?if u have a pivate coach i need to ask u something?
I wouldn't go more than a dollar a minute so no more than $30 for 30 mintues. 35-40 at the most if it is a very qualified and experienced coah like a national champion or olympian. Because when you think about it, if they are charging $44 for 30 mintues, they can make $88 an hour which is a ton of $$$. Granted they probably don't do this for 8 hours a day, but still...Figure skaterrss?if u have a pivate coach i need to ask u something?
In my area, most folks pay about $25-30 for a 30 minute lesson. I think that $44 is a bit too much... I personally wouldn't pay that much.





In my opinion, it is a bit expensive. This all depends on the credentials of the coach, in terms of the test level that the coach has passed. It also depends on the area of the country you live in. Coaches in big cities that are known for figure skating (ie major cities in Michigan or certain areas of California or Massachusetts) may charge more, although it is not always the case. It also depends on your level of skating--some coaches will take higher level skaters and charge more because it is a larger investment of the coach's time and skill, especially if you are competing on the national level (as opposed to working on freestyle 1 of learn to skate).





I would keep looking around. Also, don't settle for the first coach you run across. Take a few trial lessons to see if you like the person's teaching style. What is most important is that you can work well with the coach. My coach charges $20 for a half hour lesson (which is inexpensive) but I have worked with her for about 6 years and we can pretty much read each others minds. She can really pick apart my moves and explain to me exactly what I need to change. Don't assume that higher price=higher quality.





Good luck in your search!
Yes, $44 is too much for a 30 minute lesson. I would say $30 is a really good amount for 30 minutes with that good of a coach, consider it a bargain! You can ask how much they charge per 30 minute session. If $44 is the amount they gave you, you pretty much have no choice but to pay them that. Just be aware that there are equally good but much cheaper coaches around.
I trained with olympic level coaches during my Novice through Senior years that charged $80 per hour. So to charge $44, it seems a bit much unless its someone of the caliber of Don Laws or Frank Carroll.





If this is a special visitor to your rink or if you are visiting the coach's rink, I would say go for one lesson. But you shouldn't spend that much money on a regular basis until you get to about the junior/senior level.
depends. i took lessons with anthony lui, an olympian, and they were about that much, but they were so worth it. if your coach has been teaching that long but none of his/her students are very good, its definitely too much, but if all the coach's students are good and have nice form, its worth it. nice form, such as arm positions, is extremely important, and you can see a skater has a good coach if their form is pretty.
I think that it is really important to ask where you live. I don't think that is outrageous for an experienced coach who has had success with other students. Then again I am from Chicago and a lot of my friends would pay upward to $70 an hour for coaching. Look into what people around you are paying and what the coach's track record is.
$44? That kinda is a bit much, but if you get your money's worth it'd be worth it :D





My coaches differ in price, which is annoying, but still. One of my coaches cost 拢16 for 15mins, which is about $24, and they're REALLY good. They coach the olympic pairs, so we knew we'd be getting our moneys worth. Yet my first ever spins coach (Yes, I was crap at spins, i had to get a special coach for them (: ) only cost $10 for 30mins, and she was TERRIBLE. Never got anything done.





So, with an experienced coach, i'd try it out. If they're as good as they'd need to be at $44, stick with them.If not, change. Theres no point with sticking with a coach who isn't good enough for that price.





Hope this helps.
Well, if your coach is really experienced, idk like John Nicks or something, then yeah it's gonna cost a lot.


My coach charges $40 for a 30 minute lesson, and my choreographer charges $40 for a 20 minute lesson, so I guess it's whether you can afford it or not. :/
That is a bit expensive. The most expensive coach I know is $40 for 30min, but she is a national champion. One MIF coach charges $45 an hour. I do think that $44 is too much for FS more like $1a minute which is $30 or $35 is more reasonable. All my coaches have had more years that that and they charge around 30-35.
Depends whether its dollars or pounds, if its $44 then yes thats good especially if the coach is of a high level, 拢44 not good ours is 拢25 for most experienced coach
The best coaches at my rink charge $60 an hour and have ALOT of experience. I wish I could afford a private coach, but at that price that is not going to happen.
That does sound a bit much!


My coach charges 拢16 ($24) for half an hour and shes really good :D


I would say try it out but if you don't think it's worth it change, they're are plenty of other coaches out there :D
I have had two coaches and each charged $45/30 minutes. My current coach was an international and national champion. The value of his lessons far exceed the cost.
yeah $44 is a bit much...is it american money? If so than definetly yes.


My coach charges $16AUS for 15min (what I get) and twice that for 30. My coach is really good.
I pay 40 for my coach. ($$ also depends on where you live) and what coaching comission you pay to coach at the rink.
Yeah I'd say 44 is a bit much..I'm not sure about the exchange rate but mine is 拢20 for 30 mins. May be see if some of the other coaches at the rink are cheaper.





:)
My coach charges $35 and is very experienced, so I'd say $40 tops!
it depends on if you think the coach is worth the money. my coach was very good and charged $40 per 30 min. it all depends

No comments:

Post a Comment