Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am replacing the heater core in my Chevy S10 Blazer and can't figure out how to get the old one out. Help!

A detailed description of the removal of the heater core for a 1998 Chevy S10 would be very helpful. Thanks.I am replacing the heater core in my Chevy S10 Blazer and can't figure out how to get the old one out. Help!
I hope you're not far into this. REINSTALL everything back





Not for the novice. The instrument panel carrier must come out.freon drained, the heater/ac distribution case has to come out,and disassembled to remove heater core.


take it to a qualified shop/dealer let them do it. Trust me it's a lot of work.


If you still want to attempt, pls reply and I'll post all 30 steps.I am replacing the heater core in my Chevy S10 Blazer and can't figure out how to get the old one out. Help!
Where are you stuck? did you remove the heater lines in the engine compartment? Did you remove everything under the dash? Once everything is out of the way take the two straps off and it'll come right out
get manual and read though as this is a real pain if it has air con to much to go in to here but can be 5 to 6 hrs and lots of tools and 6 pack or more

No comments:

Post a Comment