Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I need to learn how to figure tax on a calculator for work.?

I work at a chinese place.


When I write their ticket I have to put tax on it.


The lady tried to explain but I don't get it.


I use a simple calculator.. or the calculator on my phone.


What is the easiest way?I need to learn how to figure tax on a calculator for work.?
You simply multiply the total by your tax rate.





If your total is $10.00 and your tax rate is 5 1/2% you would multiply 10.00 by 0.055 and get tax of $0.55.I need to learn how to figure tax on a calculator for work.?
Dear Torri: Look on the internet and put in your sales tax rate/table. You can print out a sheet with the sales tax for amounts from $1 to $500 then you can just look on the sheet and bingo there is the sales tax to be applied. If your orders are from $5 to $50 just print out that range and keep it near your register and it's as simple as looking at a sheet to get your total sales tax no calculator no multiplying just look at the sheet.





This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided. Click on my profile to read more. Errol Quinn Master Tax Advisor Enrolled Agent.
Use your calculator. If the tax rate is 8.25%, multiply by .0825.





If you didn't learn this in school, your education was lacking.
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment