Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are we the Universe trying to figure itself out?

After all, we are in and apart of the Universe.Are we the Universe trying to figure itself out?
I think that is exactly what we are.Are we the Universe trying to figure itself out?
I think you are missing a point in this line of thought. Why would the Universe at large even care about figuring itself out? That is a whole lot of anthropomorphic reasoning to be applied to what is essentially a huge mass of primarily hydrogen gas. Unless you are using the term Universe in a spiritual instead of scientific sense that is.





If you mean spiritually is the universe trying to figure out meaning through the machinations of intelligent life, then I think the answer is no unless you subscribe to the concept of a higher spiritual being.





I hope this helps.
As you said..we are part of it


Considering the sheer scale of our Universe, there is a possibility, we are not alone...it is yet to be discovered.


I wish it was in my life time..to learn


how other intelligent life perceives all of the beauty, our Universe is
You know, Stephen Hawking proposed once that we could be the Universe trying to explain itself. But he quickly threw out that proposal as there would be no way in for which they could preform experiments to test his hypothesis.





It's an extremely profound question.
Yes, since we are part of the universe and trying to figure ourselves out then I would say we definitely are.





But is our intended purpose as a species a development of the universe to figure itself out? I don't think so.
We may be a humble part of a much greater experiment. I like the idea but it's just a tad arrogant considering the size of the universe compared to this tiddly little planet.
According to Delenn we are:D





On the basic level of humans being composed of the same molecules as, well, most everything else, yes we are ';the Universe';.
Yes, and so are wisps of hydrogen.





We're just a bunch of chemical processes on a backwater planet. We're of little significance to the universe.
Nope, just the opposite. Its the Universe wanting *us* to figure out ourself. Once accomplished; then all things are possible with God.
You might be apart of the universe, but I'm a part of it. And yes, most of us are trying to figure it out. Those who don't walk around thinking they know it all already...
On some 'higher' level yes, but I'm still working on my part mostly =) ..that energy stuff gets a little fuzzy at times ;-)
I think we are everything we are not suppose to be.
CAUTION: though highly entertaining, hitchhikers guide... was a work of fiction. please take a deap breath and begin to repeat to yourself ';the answer is not 42';
I think that the universe knows itself quite well.
*inhales* *holds it in* *exhales*

















that's some mighty fine stuff....
That's why I am a diet pancreas, I mean Deist/Pantheist
We are made of it.
are our blood cells trying to figure out what the rest of our body is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment