Monday, December 21, 2009

I believe that there is a specific name for that lady-figure that adorned the prow of?

old whaling ships.One friend said,';Maidenhead';,but I think that's something else or used to be anyway.hmmm.Prowlady?Prowess?Somebody knows;tell me,thanx.BTW,I tried asking this in 'boating'yahoo put it here.hmmm.I believe that there is a specific name for that lady-figure that adorned the prow of?
A figurehead?





Maidenheads do exist still, even though virgins might be slightly rarer than in old times.I believe that there is a specific name for that lady-figure that adorned the prow of?
It is called a figurehead. A maidenhead is an archaic euphemism for a hymen.
It was referred to as a Figurehead.
Stella Maris-Our Lady, Star of the Sea
I hope this is what you are looking for.


I found it in YA answers, it is very thorough and informative....





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
  • hack myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment